TRANSPORTATION IN NEW BRUNSWICK,
NJ, AND THE SURROUNDING AREAS
Whether traveling by car, train, or plane, Central Jersey Convention & Visitors Bureau has the transportation information you need to reach or leave New Brunswick, NJ, and the surrounding areas as efficiently as possible. Besides Middlesex County, we can also provide knowledge about transportation in Monmouth, Mercer, Somerset, and Union Counties.
FLYING IN CENTRAL JERSEY
Individuals traveling from New Brunswick will find Newark Liberty International Airport convenient, as it is less than 25 miles away. Drivers will find it easy to reach the airport by taking Interstate 95 or 287. For smaller crowds, air travelers may also choose Central Jersey Regional Airport in Hillsborough.
DRIVING IN CENTRAL JERSEY
- The Atlantic City Expressway: This highway traverses southern New Jersey to deliver smooth access between Atlantic City and Philadelphia. Commercial traffic is permissible on this expressway.
- The New Jersey Turnpike: Moving from Northeast to Southwest New Jersey, this roadway runs between the George Washington Bridge and Delaware Memorial Bridge. It is also open to commercial traffic.
- The Garden State Parkway: This interstate rests on the eastern border and travels north to south. It grants access to Cape May and the New Jersey Shore. While commercial traffic is forbidden on the parkway north of Exit 105, commercial travelers may attain special permits to utilize it.
We provide information on bus and rail services for those who prefer using public transportation. Review the following options to find a line that meets your needs:
- Coach USA: This bus transportation service delivers daily inter-city trips to and from New York City and Philadelphia.
- Amtrak: Obtain long-distance rail service with the Keystone, Northeast Regional, and Vermonter lines at Amtrak. While these lines stop at Metropark and New Brunswick, not every stop is planned for every run, making it necessary to investigate the line before scheduling a trip.
- New Jersey Transit: This organization offers commuter rail service and public city buses for Middlesex County. Travelers and residents of Middlesex County may use the Northeast Corridor, North Jersey Coast, and Raritan Valley lines, as well as bus routes 810-819. These buses serve all townships in the county.
- “Keep Middlesex Moving”: Individuals may also take advantage of “Keep Middlesex Moving”, a non-profit transportation management association that provides shuttles to bring commuters to bus and train stops.
- New Jersey Department of Transportation (NJDOT): Older people and those with disabilities often need extra accommodations for safe travel. NJDOT offers senior and disabled bus services to ensure all members of the community have access to high-quality travel.
BENEFITS OF CENTRAL JERSEY TRANSPORTATION
Proximity to major highways and a wide selection of bus and rail lines are not the only advantages of traveling within New Brunswick, NJ, and the surrounding areas. Other benefits of Central Jersey transportation include:
- Low traffic: Traveling to hotels, health and wellness centers, county parks, and other destinations is a stress-free experience with less traffic clogging roadways.
- Ample parking: An abundance of parking makes traveling by car in Central Jersey particularly convenient. Additionally, in some areas, residents and guests receive 25 minutes of free parking to pick up food at local restaurants.
- Reduced parking rates for employees: Several cities in Central Jersey offer more affordable parking prices to make commuting easier for workers. In New Brunswick, NJ, parking rates range from $3 to $23, based on the specific parking deck and the time needed for the spot.
DISCOVER MORE ABOUT TRANSPORTATION IN CENTRAL JERSEY
If you want to learn more about transportation in Middlesex County, Monmouth, Mercer, Somerset, and Union Counties, turn to Central Jersey Convention & Visitors Bureau for assistance. Besides insight into transportation, we can also provide you with more information about Central Jersey and deliver advice on how to plan your stay. Contact us today for more on Central Jersey transportation and other services and attractions in the region.