HEALTH & WELLNESS IN NEW BRUNSWICK,
NEW JERSEY, AND THE SURROUNDING AREAS
A lively sports scene and exciting dining and nightlife are key aspects of Central New Jersey, but the region also recognizes the importance of relaxation and rejuvenation. To promote a more holistic experience in New Brunswick, NJ, and the surrounding areas, Central Jersey Convention & Visitors Bureau delivers information on the various health and wellness facilities in the area, as well as some alternative options for winding down.
Health and Wellness Centers for Everyone
With health and wellness, different ideas come to mind for each person. For instance, some people may think of a rigorous cardio workout that stimulates them physically and mentally, while others envision a peaceful day at the spa. No matter what your specific health and wellness needs or desires are, Central Jersey has the place for you. Consider the following sites for fostering better personal wellbeing:
Day Spas in Central New Jersey
Treat yourself to some much-needed relaxation at one of the day spas in Central Jersey. The region offers a wide selection of spa services, including facials, massages, and hair removal.
One place to visit for premium spa services at affordable prices is Hand & Stone Massage and Facial Spa. This wellness center is proof that quality spa services are not just for the affluent. With competitive rates, this facility makes it easier for all levels of consumers to care for their bodies and minds. Visit the Hand & Stone Massage and Facial Spa website to find locations in Central Jersey.
Gyms and Fitness Centers in Central New Jersey
Many people need more demanding activities to relieve stress. Whether you are just beginning to exercise or have followed a daily regime for years, Central Jersey has numerous fitness centers where you can get your desired workout. Aquatic exercise, personal training, rehabilitation programs, and modern fitness equipment are just some of the amenities you will find at gyms in Central Jersey. The following are some fitness centers to consider:
- Retro Fitness: This gym follows the belief that today’s choices impact tomorrow’s outcome. Trainers offer personalized workout regimes, state-of-the-art technology and equipment, and various group classes to help members stay on track with fitness goals.
- RWJ Fitness and Wellness: At this fitness center, members gain much more than the average gym service. RWJ Fitness and Wellness guides people of all ages and fitness levels in reaching their health and wellness objectives through multiple amenities, such as an aquatics center, group sessions, and a healthy cafe.
FEATURED HEALTH & WELLNESS PROVIDERS
Health and Wellness for the Whole Family
Relaxation and exercise are not only for adults — but children also benefit from spending time at the gym and spa. If attending the spa with your kids, search for facilities that offer group packages or children’s exercise classes to experience full family relaxation.
While kids may not find fitness centers particularly exciting, Central Jersey has many fun spots for kids where they can expend energy, including:
- Jungle gyms
- Bowling alleys
- Ice skating arenas
- Mini-golf courses
- Water parks
Spend Time in the Great Outdoors
Despite the tremendous benefits of technology, it sometimes overtakes our lives — especially in our digital world. If you want to get in touch with nature in Central Jersey, you can visit one or more of the many beautiful parks in the region. The following are just a handful of the 31 parks and recreation areas and preserves in New Brunswick, NJ, and the surrounding areas:
- John A. Phillips Park (Old Bridge)
- Joseph Medwick Memorial Park (Carteret)
- Raritan Bay Waterfront Park (South Amboy)
- Thomas Edison Park (Edison)
- Thompson Park (Monroe Township)
- William Warren Park (Woodbridge)
- Heathcote Meadows Preserve (South Brunswick Township)
- Jamesburg Park Conservation Area (East Brunswick)
- Matchaponix Forest (Monroe Township)
Discover More Entertainment and Attractions in Central Jersey
Central Jersey Convention & Visitors Bureau is dedicated to providing residents and guests with relevant information about the many attractions, events, and amenities in New Brunswick, NJ, and the surrounding areas — including health and wellness facilities. To learn more about Central Jersey and the countless opportunities in this region, contact us today at 732-745-8090.